Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Winter Mia DT inspiration card



Hello everyone!
I am on the Sasayaki Glitter challenge blog today to showcase this beautiful image called Winter Mia.



I printed my image on Neenah solar white card stock and colored her with my alcohol markers.
On watercolor paper I used painter's tape to create the shape of a Christmas tree and I used my Distress Inks and a paint brush to create these splatters on the paper.


I trimmed the watercolor paper after it was dry and adhered it on to my card base.
I placed a brown ribbon with white dots on the bottom of the card and fussy cut my image so I could adhered her on the card with some foam tape. I grounded her by placing her on the brown ribbon.


I also used a red ribbon and made a bow and used a sentiment that I heat embossed with red embossing powder. The sentiment means "Merry Christmas" in Norwegian. I matted it with my red ribbon and adhered it with foam tape.
To finish the card I used sequins.




We also have a Facebook group where you can join us and get some inspiration or just hang out in a fun community!

And you can always visit us on our Sasayaki Glitter Inspiration Pinterest page.
 
So there is my card for today.
I really had fun making it and I hope you like it!
Thank you for visiting,
xoxo Olga   

I would like to participate to the following challenges:
tuesday throw down
Through the Craftroom Door
craft your passion challenges
inspiration destination challenge blog
crafting from the heart challenge blog
pde linky party
crafting by designs / its-time-to-get-ready-for-christmas
crafting by designs / may-anything-goes
avenue 613
christmas blog challenge
abc christmas challenge
christmas card challenges
crafty hazelnuts christmas challenge 2
world wide open design team challenge

28 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous christmas card Olga

gr karin

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Olga
Dianne xx :)

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Olga, such a pretty image and great design.
Pauline
x

Zoe Tant said...

Cute card. Love the image and the spatter tree is fab. Zx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeously cute image love the snowman boots and fabulous splattered Christmas Tree
Carol x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Olga, I like the image and the colours
Kevin xx

Lois Wyche said...

An awesome card with a beautiful image, design and detail. Love it!!!

Maxine D said...

What a fun card Olga, and beautifully made. Love that Christmas tree - very innovative.
Blessings
Maxine

Shirley-Anne Barber said...

A most original Christmas tree and I love it .The cute image is sweetly coloured . Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us here at Christmas Card Challenges

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining the challenge at Crafting from the Heart good luck x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow. This is so beautiful. Love what you did in the background.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Vivian Lake said...

So in love with this! Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.

CraftYourPassion said...

Wow!Just love how you've created the Christmas tree on this wonderful card.Great colouring on the sweet image too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

MaryH said...

This is just fabulous. I love the image, your coloring is great on this cutie. But what I really love best is your imagination & skill in creating the 'spatter tree'. That is just brilliant designing, and shows off this cute girl so perfectly. Well DONE! TFS & Hugs

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Natalie said...

what a wonderful idea! Love the christmas tree! :)
Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

Marsha J Reed said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

laurie said...

What a fun card..I'm love all the bling! Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Card Challenge this week!

Joyce said...

This is adorable. Love your coloring and all the splatters.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous. I love the idea of the tree.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination. Good luck in the draw, Michelle (DT)

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

The tree is really striking and special Olga, amazing artsy work. Cute image colored nicely. Thank you for joining Anything Goes challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Join us again and enjoy your day :)
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Samantha said...

Fabulous card and I really love the way you did your tree background so clever!
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)

Annette Stapylton said...

This is just so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing with us here today and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Jenna ♥ said...

Wow, this is wonderful winter card!!! Great desing!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is one amazing Christmas card! I love your fabulous tree and your little girl is just incredible. Your coloring is simply fabulous.

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra and we hope to see you again next month.

Helen x

Jacqueline said...

Nice card! Love all the mixed media you used
This is so sweet! Love the image and all the details!
Thanks for joining the World Wide Open DT Challenge. Good luck with your entry and I'll hope to see you next time as well.

[Jacqueline DT for World Wide Open DT Challenge]

Emma Sims said...

Congratulations on being a DT favourite at Crafting By Designs.

Emma - Crafting By Designs DT